How the heck is it already a new year!? Where does the time go?! Apparently this year slipped away from me quickly, as I have barely kept up with my blog. What else could I have been doing with all of my free time you might be wondering? Well, I have just been training my personal training clients, helping people improve their nutrition with using whole food nutrition, helping my husband launch a business and website (fleamarketflipper.com), chasing two little bits around and trying to attempt to teach them things, and growing a third one to make his appearance early April. So we can say this past year has been quite busy. Awesome, but busy.
And now it is the new year, and with a new year comes new goals of course. One of mine is to keep up with my blog! I have been doing a lot of reading and learning this past year as well and I am excited for a whole new adventure this year along side of you! I don’t like resolutions so much, but I do love making goals and a plan to accomplish them.
Here are some things I want to do or learn more about this year to benefit the health of my family:
* Grow a garden- At this point any size garden will do, even if it consists of one plant! Ha. I would love to get into a hydroponic or aquaponic garden and have been reading a little bit about them, but haven’t jumped on board quite yet. I would love to hear if you have tried either of these and what you loved and didn’t love about them
* Home brew kombucha tea and water kefir (again). I was doing well with both of these this past year until one day I forgot to add sugar to my kombucha and it died. I had my water kefir grains for a long while before they didn’t seem to be as strong anymore. I believe their lifespan is about a year so they had done well.
* Switch over all my salt to Himalayan or sea salt. I had used sea salt in the past, but stopped after I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism because it didn’t contain Iodine which is beneficial for thyroid function. What I didn’t know is that iodized salt uses synthetic iodine that could actually cause more harm to the thyroid. I just recently ordered both Himala Salt and Real Salt to see which I like best. Do you use either of these in your home?
* Use more essential oils for things instead of some chemicals/medications. Essential oils have gotten really big over the past few years. I have used some in the past, but not for very many things. I ordered a starter pack from Young Living to get back going again. I want to attend a couple classes and learn more about them. I want to be properly educated with them because I know how powerful they can be and I don’t want to cause any harm using them either.
* Involve my kids more in cooking. I know they are still little, but I really want to make cooking a bigger part of their day. As much as I hate to admit, I am guilty of letting the convenience of making a PB & J sandwich or cheese quesadilla happen all too often in our house lately.
* Make healthy meal plans on a budget. Eating healthy doesn’t have to cost a ton of money. I want to be more budget conscious for my family, but also I want to share those meal plans so anyone can eat healthy without spending half their paycheck on groceries.
* Lose the baby weight by next Christmas. Baby boy is due at the beginning of April, so 9 months is a good time frame to expect to be back to my pre-baby weight. I know some moms are able to jump right back in to their pre-baby pants in a few weeks, but my body does not work like that. I have to make a conscious effort to get back to where I was.
* The last thing that I really want to do this year is help twice as many people as I did this past year improve their nutrition intake. The past 6 months I have been helping Robbie launch his online business, and while doing so I have not been doing as much to help people with their health. It made me realize how much I really have a passion for helping people get good nutrition and what it can do for their bodies. It excites me to always be learning about the human body and how it functions and how what we put into it can make a huge difference in how it performs on a daily basis.
I am so excited for 2016! Are you? What are some of your health and fitness goals for the year?