I made this up tonight. I had left over salsa that I made for a party (see recipe Alyssa’s amazing salsa) I drained the beans and corn of some of the liquid and threw it in my blender with some quinoa and almond flour and one egg to help hold it together. Then I pan seared the patties and baked them for about 10-15 minutes at 375.
The eggplant fries recipe I took from a website www.virtuallyveganmomma.blogspot.com
Baked Eggplant Fries
Prep Time: 10 min
1 eggplant, cut into strips
1/3 cup plain soy yogurt
1 tbsp dried parsley
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp onion powder
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 cups Whole Wheat Seasoned Breadcrumbs (I used almond flour)
1. Preheat Oven to 450 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper.
2. Cut your eggplant into fries
3. Combine yogurt, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, ground cumin, onion powder, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl.
4. Toss eggplant fries in soy yogurt mixture, coating evenly.
5. Place breadcrumbs on a plate and lightly coat eggplant fries with breadcrumbs.
6. Spread out evenly on trays making sure they don’t touch.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Turn halfway during baking to brown evenly.