I really wanted to make Cashew Butter Chicken Stew tonight, but when I went to get some cashew butter at our local health food store, it was $18 for the jar! I decided to hold off and wait till I can order some cashew butter online or pick some up from Whole Foods. My friend gave me this recipe a while ago from bodybuilding.com and I hadn’t tried it yet, so I thought I would give it a go! Turned out really flavorful and it was super easy to make. Just throw everything in a pot and cook! Great dinner for a busy night.
Makes 12 servings
1 serving = 192 calories, 1 g fat, 22 g carbs, 24 g protein
Only $1.68 per serving!
- 2 lbs. ground turkey breast
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 – 4 oz. cans of diced green chilies
- 1 – 15 oz. can Organic Tri-Bean Blend (drained) (or kidney/pinto beans)
- 1 – 15 oz. can Organic Black Beans (drained)
- 2 – 14.5 oz. cans Organic Diced Tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 tbsp. Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (Ideal) or Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. regular yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. dried or fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. adobo sauce (optional)
- In a large pot add onions and meat, sprinkled with garlic powder and cook until no longer pink (drain using a plate, if desired).
- Next add the green chilies, beans, tomatoes, xylitol and spices (except cilantro) and stir until combined.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, add cilantro. Serve hot.
- You may sprinkle veggie shreds or a light cheese on top.
Serve with a salad or other veggies for more good nutrition. I served with eggplant fries tonight.